Saturday, June 9, 2012

Update on SSA Week Livestream!

Okay everyone! If you aren't up to speed on what SSA Week is, click here, and if you don't know what my contribution is, click here.

On Saturday, June 16th, I will be livestreaming my life from 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM EST in order to raise money for SSA Week.

I did a test run of my livestream tonight for an hour and I am little daunted at doing 12 hours now. But!! I love the SSA, and I made a commitment, so I am going to do it.

Even more, if I raise $1,000 on my personal fundraising page, I will livestream for 24 hours. So....that's a lot of sleep-deprived talking to the internet.

In order to help rack in the donations, I am offering to do things for money. I will probably pretty much do anything for donations, with a few caveats:

1) No nudity (you perverts).
2) I will not consume something non-vegan (I recently went vegan, so yeah). (Also, was recently diagnosed with Crohn's disease, so eating/drinking challenges may make me sick and probably should be avoided. :/ )
3) I reserve the right to say no to any request.

Anyway, here are some ideas!

For $5, I will lip-sync to a song of your choice.
For $10, I will actually sing a song of your choice (VERY poorly, might I add-- I'm no Crommunist).
For $15, I will sing AND dance to a song of your choice.
For $20, I will make up and sing a song about you (right then and there! Live!).
For $30, I will hand write you a letter and mail it to you.
For $50, I will go on a 'date' with you (if you're in Columbus, a for-real date. If you're going to TAM or any other conference that I will be at, then we can meet up there. If you're not anywhere near then, then we can have an hour long Skype date or something. :)

Other suggestions? Keep in mind, if y'all don't suggest things, I am probably just going to sing "Jesus Christ Superstar" songs and "Call Me Maybe." So you probably want to suggest things and donate.

Also during the livestream, we're going to have a cat parade (where we go into a Google+ Hangout and people show off their cats). If you want to show off your cat, let me know!

I'm also going to have my BFF @ologies join me for the SARAH POWER HOUR, to help promote the Legion of Sarahs! Also, for entertainment, because two Sarahs are better than one.

There will also be other guests of honor, so keep your eyes peeled for announcements!!

I hope you're excited! Remember: if you want 24 hours of MY LIFE, BROADCAST TO THE WORLD...you should donate! (At the time I published this, I have raised $330-- 33% of my goal.)

Update!!: It has now been decided that if I reach $750 by Saturday at 9 PM, I will buzz all my hair off. If I reach $1,200 by that same time, I will get a mohawk AND maintain it for a month. :) So if you want to see me with funny hair, get donating! (FWIW, this is what my hair looks like right now.)

Update #2!!! Alright, so since a date with just me is $50, for a mere $100, you can get a date with both me AND Sarah (@ologies). Two Sarahs for the price of...two!! What a deal! And we'll both be at TAM, so think of a night in Vegas with these two beautiful, smart, witty, skeptical ladies.





No comments:

Post a Comment